Can’t find the policy you need or have questions? Please pop in or get in touch.
Some policies are Trust-wide, find them here.These Trust-wide policies are:
(If parents / carers would like a paper copy of a policy, please contact the school. There is no charge for this.)
Our Golden Rules
“Always do your best”
“Always be kind and respectful”
These Golden Rules were formulated from the responses of all year groups from Reception to Year 6. They are designed to help make everyone safe, enjoy their time here at Co-op Academy Friarswood / Small & Tall Care Club and above all to provide an environment where children can enjoy themselves and learn together to be the best they can be.
Our School Rules
- You should always listen and respond politely.
- You should always be friendly.
- You should always be considerate of others.
- You should always behave sensibly.
- Always arrive at school on time.
- Children should walk calmly in school at all times.
- Leave valuable items at home. (mobile phones should be given to the class teacher for safe storage)
- These items are banned from school; chewing gum, sweets and crisps at playtimes, items with sharp blades, glass bottles, toys (unless permission is given by the class teacher).
- Only small stud ear-rings and watches can be worn at school. (Ear-rings and watches must be removed during PE and swimming lessons)
- The wearing of make up and nail varnish is not allowed.
- All clothes and shoes should be clearly labelled with your name.
- School / Care Club must be informed of an absence on the first day.
- Children must go out to play at dinnertimes and playtimes unless permission is given to stay in.
- All litter should be put into bins.
- Children should be suitably dressed for school – school uniform, suitable outdoor coats & footwear, PE kits and swimming kits. Sensible clothing and footwear during holiday time in the care club.
- Haircuts should be sensible. Extreme haircuts are not allowed in school.
- Always flush the toilet and wash your hands.
- Have good table manners.
Our Home~School~Child Agreement
Co-op Academy Friarswood School aims to:
- Create a caring, safe and stimulating environment encouraging your child to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Plan and provide a broad and balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child.
- Inform parents about what they will teach and through the website information show how parents can help their children with their learning.
- Encourage your child to do their best at all times.
- Keep you nformed when we think there are any issues regarding your child’s work or behaviour and advise you upon actions.
- Encourage your child to develop confidence and a respect for others in order to become a caring member of the community.
- Arrange parent’s evenings three times a year to discuss progress and agree your child’s next stage of development and targets.
- Provide a written school report at the end of the year.
- Provide information for parents during the year about school events and whole school initiatives.
Family aims to:
- Make sure your child arrives at school between 8:45am and 8:55am. (Nursery children start school at 8:45am)
- Ensure your child attends school regularly and provide a note or phone call if your child is away on the first day of absence and until they are back in school.
- Make sure your child is suitably dressed for school and is well equipped for all lessons e.g. PE kit, swimming kit. Your child also needs suitable outdoor clothing/coats etc depending on the weather.
- Make sure your child does not wear jewellery apart from stud ear-rings and a watch, does not wear nail varnish and has sensible haircuts suitable for a primary school. No ear-rings are allowed for any PE activity including swimming.
- Attend parent’s evenings to discuss your child’s progress.
- Support the school’s behaviour policy.
- Support your child in opportunities for home learning and homework.
- Ensure your child looks after the school’s property if taken home e.g. home school reading diaries, library/reading books, football kits etc.
Child aims to:
- I will do my best at all times and follow the school rules.
- I will follow the STAR values. (Safe, Trust, Achieve, Resilience)
- I will follow the Co-op Ways of Being. (Succeed Together, Be yourself always, Show you care, Do what matters most)
- I will look after all property in the school and its grounds.
- I will be friendly, polite, respectful and helpful towards others.